History of Education
Study Cycle: 1
ECTS credit: 5
Lecturer(s): izr. prof. dr. Vidmar Tadej
- Problems of education are presented in historical context. Development of theories, concepts, problem solving strategies, and empirical findings connected with subject matter. Connection of pedagogy and andragogy with other sciences, the emphasis is on the second study programme.
- Education is understood as socio-historical phenomenon.
- Basic concepts of pedagogy and andragogy are presented in social context and in its historical development.
- Identification and analysis of phases, milestones in the development of theory and praxis of education from the beginning to the end of the 16th century: oldest civilizations, Antiquity, Middle Ages, Renaissance and Humanism, Reformation and Counter-Reformation. Historical analysis of forms of education of children, youth and adults, forms of formal, non-formal, and informal education and learning.
- Emphasized is the analysis and interpretation of development of institutions, forms and methods of education in Slovenia from beginnings to the end of the 18. century.